Thanks to everyone who attended the 2015 Annual General Meeting on June 24th at the new Central Library in Halifax.
It was inspiring to watch the scholarship winner’s video and to hear him speak on what he learned about Sable Island, how he made the video, and why he thinks it’s important to respect our environment. Congratulations to Cameron Penny from Cape Breton, and thanks to his Dad for bringing him to the meeting. You’ll hear more about Cameron soon on our website.
Debbie Kempton was recognized for her service on the Board of Directors since June 2005. After filling many roles over the years, including Secretary and Director of Education, Debbie is taking a well-deserved break. We wish her a happy retirement, and know we’ll see her at future Sable Island events.
The Board of Directors for 2015-16 is:
- April Hennigar, Chair
- Glenn Bartlett, Vice-Chair
- Amanda Bolt, Treasurer
- Anne Irwin, Secretary
- Jill Martin, Director of Education
- Helene Paulus Thain, Director of Memberships
- Jordan March, Director of Marketing
- Alan Ruffman, Director at Large
- Terry Hennigar, Director at Large
- Martin Willison, Director at Large